Mike Tyson’s roadwork?

Mike Tyson’s roadwork?

MessageAuthor
Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:24 am   Anybody know how far and how long Mike used to run?  Kidynamite

Training

TTBO record:
No record yet,Play Now!

Ad

Stay connected to us – and get so much more – with the TysonTalk Community Toolbar!    

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:51 pm   35 miles under 30 minutes  shawntyson

Olympics

TTBO record:
No record yet,Play Now!

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:55 pm   Mike used to run 4-5 miles, which took him about 35-45 minutes. He used to go for a run at very early morning, at 3-4 am.  Rhino_

Training

TTBO record:
3-2 ; 1 KOs
TTBO rank:
RETIRED

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:56 pm   shawntyson wrote: 35 miles under 30 minutes

What are you on about 35 miles? Idiot..  
Kidynamite

Training

TTBO record:
No record yet,Play Now!

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:09 pm   Kidynamite wrote: shawntyson wrote: 35 miles under 30 minutes

Idiot?

Such quick insults for someone who seeks knowledge.

Why are you here?

Sorry to leave out the –

SIR…

maybe for a purpose, maybe not.

Read, learn, take the time out to learn about Mike Tyson, like many have here.

You seek quick answers, but are not worthy….yet

Stick around,

and learn…Kid….

Steve Lott comes around these parts ,

to School them Idiots..

like many others  
shawntyson

Olympics

TTBO record:
No record yet,Play Now!

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:13 am   shawntyson wrote: Kidynamite wrote: shawntyson wrote: 35 miles under 30 minutes

Idiot?

Why are you here?

Sorry to leave out the –

SIR…

Stick around,

and learn…Kid….

to School them Idiots..

like many others

Lol what a retard. Thanks for the tips mate but how about next time you research your answer before posting yeh? You took the time out to learn about Mike right? So then why did u write his roadwork was 35 miles? Maybe you’re the one who needs to ‘stick around and learn’. Hypocrite..  
Kidynamite

Training

TTBO record:
No record yet,Play Now!

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:31 am   Kidynamite wrote: shawntyson wrote: Kidynamite wrote: shawntyson wrote: 35 miles under 30 minutes

Idiot?

Why are you here?

Sorry to leave out the –

SIR…

Stick around,

and learn…Kid….

to School them Idiots..

like many others

Lol what a retard. Thanks for the tips mate but how about next time you research your answer before posting yeh? You took the time out to learn about Mike right? So then why did u write his roadwork was 35 miles? Maybe you’re the one who needs to ‘stick around and learn’. Hypocrite..

It was meant to say 3-5 miles you moron, as Ive already explained. I left out the little – like I said you jacka ss! Or maybe I left it out to be funny, as what dumba ss would believe Mike ran 35 miles under 30 minutes, maybe someone who is 12, or someone who thinks Tyson does 10000 pushups in 30 minutes.

Are you 12 yet..matey?  
shawntyson

Olympics

TTBO record:
No record yet,Play Now!

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:49 am   Rhino_ wrote: Mike used to run 4-5 miles, which took him about 35-45 minutes. He used to go for a run at very early morning, at 3-4 am.

I dont agree Rhino, as 4 to 5 miles in 35 to 45 minutes is running real slow.

Lets do the math..

If he were to run 4 miles in 35 minutes thats like 8 to 9 minutes a mile, as 4 times 8 is 32, and 4 times 9 is 36, so thats running real slow man. Tommy Morrison weighed heavier then Mike, and his trainer Tommy Virgets had him running 6 minute miles, which Im sure is around the same pace as Mike, as I doubt Tommy could run faster then Mike.

So if he were to run at the 6 minute mile pace, and go all out to 5 miles, it would be 30 minutes flat. Rooney said Cus always had the mandatory of 30 minutes of running in the morning and 10 rounds of boxing, which Im sure Mike did more in the boxing department.

And I think the earliest Mike ran was 4am, as 3am sounds a little off, lol.  
shawntyson

Olympics

TTBO record:
No record yet,Play Now!

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:12 pm   shawntyson wrote: Rhino_ wrote: Mike used to run 4-5 miles, which took him about 35-45 minutes. He used to go for a run at very early morning, at 3-4 am.

Lets do the math..

Thank you for correcting my mistakes, my calculation was wrong. I have read so many interviews and articles about Tyson’s training, but I never knew that Cus made him run for 30 minutes, thank you for that also.

Yeah, maybe 4-5 AM is closer to the truth.  
Rhino_

Training

TTBO record:
3-2 ; 1 KOs
TTBO rank:
RETIRED

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:27 pm   Rhino_ wrote: shawntyson wrote: Rhino_ wrote: Mike used to run 4-5 miles, which took him about 35-45 minutes. He used to go for a run at very early morning, at 3-4 am.

Lets do the math..

Thank you for correcting my mistakes, my calculation was wrong. I have read so many interviews and articles about Tyson’s training, but I never knew that Cus made him run for 30 minutes, thank you for that also.

Yeah theres so many interviews it is hard to know the truth these days. I was so glad when I found that Rooney interview, (probably through here) where he talks about the daily regimen Cus’s fighters followed.

Maybe someone could post it?

Steve Lott also talks about Mikes training methods as well here, but too bad he doesnt come around here anymore. As I know some here would like to pick at his brain, including myself. But he got upset over the Tyson film and left, too bad for some of us 

Anyway, I wasnt trying to publicly “correct” you Rhino, I just wanted to make sure Mr. KiddyDynamite got the right info, as I didnt want him to leave here empty handed thinking Mike Tyson ran 50 miles per hour!   
shawntyson

Olympics

TTBO record:
No record yet,Play Now!

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:53 pm   Well, you can try to contact Mr.Lott at his e-mail at BIGFIGHTS@aol.com
I asked him about Mike’s training awhile back and he answered.
I hope that someone would send him an e-mail and ask him about the amount of reps that Mike did in sit-ups and push ups etc.  
Rhino_

Training

TTBO record:
3-2 ; 1 KOs
TTBO rank:
RETIRED

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:20 pm   Rhino_ wrote: Well, you can try to contact Mr.Lott at his e-mail at BIGFIGHTS@aol.com
I asked him about Mike’s training awhile back and he answered.
I hope that someone would send him an e-mail and ask him about the amount of reps that Mike did in sit-ups and push ups etc.

I emailed Steve before trying to get some specifics on Mikes diet. But I dont now if he understands though, or maybe too busy which I respect, how intrigued some are here about Mikes daily routine, from sun-up to sun-down back in the prime years. Kinda like a day, or preferably a week with Mike Tyson. He was pretty vague about his diet, saying Mike ate anything. But I know Steve used to cook for Mike, so I asked how he made him his pasta, as in a special healthy low fat way, that kinda small stuff. He didnt respond, lol. Its cool though, as Steve answered so many questions here in alot detail and I respect that.

But some fanatics here wanna know if Mike used butter on his toast, or margarine, or mustard or mayo on his dang sandwich, lol, tiny specifics like that. I know Rooney must have monitered Mike all the time in those days, and was vocal to Mike what he can and cant eat and do. The little things, in his training for sure as well, as in exactly how many pushups, etc, etc. The younger guys may wanna know these things, who are, or wanna be fighters themselves, and want to try and emulate Mike down to the T with what he did back then when he was at his best.
Im not saying they will be like him, but it cant hurt to try the way I see it, and it may motivate them even more knowing exactly how Tyson lived a typical day back then.  
shawntyson

Olympics

TTBO record:
No record yet,Play Now!

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:02 am   Tysons diet wasent anything special he ate what most fighters do…lots of meat, pasta, potatoes, oats, fish, protein powder supplement. some cheat meals here and there… you must remember that the biggest reason Tyson looked and performed the way he did was because of 1. Genetics 2. Training 3. Work ethic

World Champion

TTBO record:
5-6 ; 4 KOs
TTBO rank:
RETIRED

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:37 pm   demorak wrote: Tysons diet wasent anything special he ate what most fighters do…lots of meat, pasta, potatoes, oats, fish, protein powder supplement. some cheat meals here and there… you must remember that the biggest reason Tyson looked and performed the way he did was because of 1. Genetics 2. Training 3. Work ethic

Yeah I know this, now, but like 15 years ago, mannn.. I was obsessed with the small details of certain athletes, especially Mike, as thats whatcha do when your a kid with a dream. You just wanna…”Be like Mike” in every way , lol!

I remember back then I used to scower through some of the books written then, not really wanting to hear of the girls and all that crap, just the training and diet stuff!  
shawntyson

Olympics

TTBO record:
No record yet,Play Now!

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:41 pm   shawntyson wrote: Rhino_ wrote: shawntyson wrote: Rhino_ wrote: Mike used to run 4-5 miles, which took him about 35-45 minutes. He used to go for a run at very early morning, at 3-4 am.

Lets do the math..

Yeah theres so many interviews it is hard to know the truth these days. I was so glad when I found that Rooney interview, (probably through here) where he talks about the daily regimen Cus’s fighters followed.

Maybe someone could post it?

Steve Lott also talks about Mikes training methods as well here, but too bad he doesnt come around here anymore. As I know some here would like to pick at his brain, including myself. But he got upset over the Tyson film and left, too bad for some of us 

Anyway, I wasnt trying to publicly “correct” you Rhino, I just wanted to make sure Mr. KiddyDynamite got the right info, as I didnt want him to leave here empty handed thinking Mike Tyson ran 50 miles per hour! 

i was just wonderign why steve lott got upset over tyson movie ?  
ste-wolves

Training

TTBO record:
No record yet,Play Now!