Mike Tyson vs. Larry Sims – Does This Fight Footage Exist

Mike Tyson vs. Larry Sims – Does This Fight Footage Exist

MessageAuthor
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:29 pm   Does anyone have or has anyone seen VIDEO! footage of Mike Tyson vs. Larry Sims, this was Tyson’s 6th pro fight and I cant find it at all so I’m starting to think that it wasn’t recorded, I have two Tyson collections – a 12 disc one & an 8 disc one, both are missing 2 fights “Larry Sims” & “Conroy Nelson”, I’m currently downloading the Conroy Nelson fight but I don’t know if this footage exists ?, will find out soon. the 8 disc collection from www.mike-tyson.info claimed to have the Conroy Nelson Fight but it doesn’t. (I hate when FIGHTER collections are called full careers, if 1 or more fights is missing then it is not a full career!)

(Question in short)
does footage of Tyson vs. Larry Sims exist ?

also does anyone have the 26 dvd collection from www.tysoncollection.com it claims to have the Conroy Nelson Fight as well  
swboxing

Training

TTBO record:
No record yet,Play Now!

Ad

Stay connected to us – and get so much more – with the TysonTalk Community Toolbar!    

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:39 pm   Conroy Nelson yeah, Larry Sims no.  pete321

World Champion

TTBO record:
1-0 ; 1 KOs
TTBO rank:
INACTIVE AMATEUR

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:17 pm   just had a look at the Tyson vs. Conroy Nelson download (poor picture Q and I think it’s russian commentary), I have seen this fight before and I think that I even have this fight somewhere with better pic Q. shame about the Sims fight it would have completed the career but it’s hard to believe that there is no footage of this fight when there is so much footage of Tyson as an amature and even as a 15 year old training in the gym with Cus & Teddy but if it isn’t even on TV e.g. ESPN Classic then I don’t think it exists.  swboxing

Training

TTBO record:
No record yet,Play Now!

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:00 pm   According to Tyson bios the Simms fight was not recorded. The camera man or people with the cameras did not show up. Maybe someone took home video footage and it might show up some day.  clarkkent

Amateur

TTBO record:
1-0 ; 1 KOs
TTBO rank:
INACTIVE AMATEUR

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:10 pm   No there is no record of it being filmed

Lefthook_mike

Contender

TTBO record:
200-74 ; 129 KOs
TTBO rank:
RETIRED

Current streak of title defenses is 0.
Highest streak of title defenses is 1.

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:19 pm   read the steve lott interview on this site
he said the hired cameraman didnt show up and jacobs was furious  
buddymovie

Professional

TTBO record:
33-9 ; 23 KOs
TTBO rank:
RETIRED

Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:28 am   swboxing wrote: Does anyone have or has anyone seen VIDEO! footage of Mike Tyson vs. Larry Sims, this was Tyson’s 6th pro fight and I cant find it at all so I’m starting to think that it wasn’t recorded, I have two Tyson collections – a 12 disc one & an 8 disc one, both are missing 2 fights “Larry Sims” & “Conroy Nelson”, I’m currently downloading the Conroy Nelson fight but I don’t know if this footage exists ?, will find out soon. the 8 disc collection from www.mike-tyson.info claimed to have the Conroy Nelson Fight but it doesn’t. (I hate when FIGHTER collections are called full careers, if 1 or more fights is missing then it is not a full career!)

(Question in short)
does footage of Tyson vs. Larry Sims exist ?

also does anyone have the 26 dvd collection from www.tysoncollection.com it claims to have the Conroy Nelson Fight as well there is no footage of tyson v simms theres several reason people believe one is the cameraman didnt turn up at the fight two is tysons performance was so bad tysons management destroyed all footage but whatever you believe is up to you but you will not find any footage to this fight anywhere on earth so i would give up looking he won 3rd round ko anyway if you didnt know  
champ7611

Training

TTBO record:
No record yet,Play Now!

Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:19 pm   I have the 14-DVD set from Mike-Tyson.dvd.com — which is a really great collection — and it has the Nelson fight. Even YouTube has the fight.  Macrodex

Training

TTBO record:
No record yet,Play Now!

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:08 pm   Bill Cayton said all but one of Mike Tyson’s fights were recorded, the Sims fight was the one not recorded.  GivinsMom

Training

TTBO record:
No record yet,Play Now!

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:14 pm   I wish it was recorded. I like the full view of what Tyson could do. I laugh at ppl that say they have his full catalog.  cpimp

Professional

TTBO record:
No record yet,Play Now!

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:26 am   Yes I asked Steve Lott in that interview and he confirmed it.

This is the closest thing you’ll ever see from the Sims fight
http://media.photobucket.com/image/larry%20sims%20mike%20tyson/Errol100/tysonVsSims.jpg

Looks like a typical early Tyson beat down. His victim scared *Censor*, Tyson goes in for the kill and it’s over.

My videos in here:
http://www.tysontalk.com/ttvideo-cat-4.html 
Turk15

World Champion

TTBO record:
86-33 ; 49 KOs
TTBO rank:
RETIRED