TysonTalk.com

Spotlight

TysonTalk: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Message Author
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:28 pm  

hey guys, i have loved boxing for like forever but it has recently gotten to where i can't just watch it anymore, i have to do it...now currently i am on this body building routine and it is really workin for me as far as mass is concerned...now i have heard everyone say that to box you cant weight train because it'll make you a great deal slower. Now im open to doing body exercises such as pushups, dips, pull ups,etc. but almost no one can answer this question for me...Will you get mass off of these exercises...i wanna box, but i also wanna have a body like mike in his prime...can you get mass off of these exercises?

kdynamite

Amateur

TTBO record:
3-1 ; 3 KOs
TTBO rank:
INACTIVE AMATEUR

Ad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:24 am  

Not to many people are going to look like tyson ,use what god gave you.......

killa

Training

TTBO record:
No record yet,Play Now!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:31 am  

lift weight = more muscles. the heavier u r the slower u get. so its actually the same, u get slower cause u got more muscles no because u lift weights, since lighter boxers r most probably faster then heavier ones. so its ok if u wana get bigger. juz make sure u do exercise with weights training the fast twitch muscles instead of the slow twitch muscles. but doing bodyweight exercise is enuff if u wana b fit n good. it wunt increase ur weight tho. y would u wana b like tyson anyway? tyson didn't last long. he was good once before. but if ur short u gotta move alot to avoid punches. and that require a great deal of energy n athletism. once u get old u become washed up like tyson. his style is cool but not the best.

Training

TTBO record:
No record yet,Play Now!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:51 pm  

TysonWannabe wrote:
lift weight = more muscles. the heavier u r the slower u get. so its actually the same, u get slower cause u got more muscles no because u lift weights, since lighter boxers r most probably faster then heavier ones. so its ok if u wana get bigger. juz make sure u do exercise with weights training the fast twitch muscles instead of the slow twitch muscles. but doing bodyweight exercise is enuff if u wana b fit n good. it wunt increase ur weight tho. y would u wana b like tyson anyway? tyson didn't last long. he was good once before. but if ur short u gotta move alot to avoid punches. and that require a great deal of energy n athletism. once u get old u become washed up like tyson. his style is cool but not the best.

You are the one that has a name tysonwannabe.LOL..

IronVen

Training

TTBO record:
No record yet,Play Now!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:46 pm  

i think mike tyson was a great boxer if cus and many others didnt pass away im sure that he could have done much better.

nikio13

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:52 am  

getting tanked up is good but too much does detract from serving its purpose and that applies to all sports in general(those with weight classes). Yes you should train with weights(light to moderate weights) to get strength and execute the moves explosively fast(like uppercuts, jabs, hooks with a dumbell) with many repititions and sets. When you take off the weights(as you've progressed) and whip punches in the air your speed has increased by few folds. You dont' have to lift heavy. All that matters to be a fit boxer is your flexibility(so you gotta do lotsa stretching), plyometrics(jump training, skipping), and do lotsa running(to build up on your aerobic base).
Also what's important is the fuel input. For a high performance body, you can't simply eat junk food.. and that means you have to eat right. Take lotsa green vegetables, fruits, fortified cereals, juice, and make sure you have enough carbs for the training. After an intense workout you gotta replenish your glycogen stores and take in protein to repair any damages caused to the tissues and also to promote muscle growth.

Tyson's somatotype is endomorph(an obese family history) but he does have a great deal of mesomorph in him too. I would rate him 5-7-1 (endo-meso-ecto) which is why he looked this great. He is a typical hard gainer and as long as a well prescribed training program and sensible diet is planned for him, he will make great gains. Everyone's somatotype is different. So capitalise and maximise in what genetics gave you and work on what you don't already have Surprised

chineseboxer

Training

TTBO record:
No record yet,Play Now!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:03 pm  

can you get mass off the mentioned excercises?

Put it this way, the best you can look like is probably like a BackStreet boy. You'll look good naked but will never get Batista like muscles.

simmacho

Training

TTBO record:
No record yet,Play Now!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:32 pm  

dud thats *Censor* and sick the best you could look is like me bra put it this way if you told me to do that i.d lay you out Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

ni

Training

TTBO record:
1-1 ; 0 KOs
TTBO rank:
INACTIVE AMATEUR

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Reply with quote
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:37 pm  

just box the rest will come take it from me i startid boxing i wayd 109 now i wayd 150 just from hiting the bag and sparing and shadobox with 2or3 pound wayts and use a heavy jump roap and give it like 2to3 mouthes and it will come Exclamation Exclamation

ni

Training

TTBO record:
1-1 ; 0 KOs
TTBO rank:
INACTIVE AMATEUR

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Reply with quote
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:20 pm  

tell you to do what NI? Wasn't tellin nobody to do nothing.
NI's right too about the heavy bag stuff. Rocky Marciano put on a good 15-20 pounds of muscle working the heavy bag.

simmacho

Training

TTBO record:
No record yet,Play Now!

View next topic
View previous topic