View next topic
View previous topic
Message Author
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:04 pm  

Hey guys I've just received a DVD I ordered from TITLE Boxing titled:

TITLE Boxing: How to Lose Weight Effectively for Boxing
Permanent Weight Loss Dynamics and Nutrition Guidelines for Every Athlete

See cover:

The DVD is taught by world class & former Tyson trainer Freddie Roach, who also went 39 - 13 - 0 (15 ko's) in his professional lightweight career, and former heavyweight boxer Justin Fortune from Australia.

World class trainer Freddie Roach training Mike Tyson.

Bottom right in red bandana: Former heavyweight boxer & current trainer Justin Fortune in Manny Pacquiao's corner after a victory.

Together, both men help train countless boxers and athletes at the famed Wild Card Boxing Club in Hollywood, California.

After watching this video, I must say it's one of my favorite training DVD's I've ordered from TITLE, even possibly more so than some of the punching videos because after all, you cant go 12 rounds if you're not healthy, and the base of your health is ultimately your diet.

The DVD goes over exercises as well as diet, so that you may compliment each aspect to its full potential, and realize your desired weight & fitness results. So enough about that Smile I wrote down some of the main notes as well as the diet & exercise recomendation lists for you guys to check out, incase you're interested in seeing what is involved in not just a champion's regimen, but in losing weight or simply maintaining a healthy lifestyle overall.

Keep in mind that this diet isnt just for fighters, but for everyone. A healthy diet should be a lifestyle and not a temporary fix.

Wild Card Boxing Detox Diet
By Justin Fortune

The Detox Diet was designed and created by Justin Fortune, former professional heavyweight boxer, trainer, and conditioning coach for the fabled Wild Card Boxing Club in Hollywood, California.

This is the exact diet and program that has been accomplished and proven successful by multiple world champion boxers, top professionals and amateurs, athletes and non-athletes of all levels. Whether you're a world class performer or simply seeking a life-changing diet and nutrition choice, this is a can't-miss opportunity.

The Detox Diet is designed to make the body work more effectively and efficiently. After just a two week period of cleansing and nourishing the body it then acts as its own thermogenic fat burner. Simply by consuming the foods that are allowed on the list below is basically all that is needed to start realizing gains from the diet.

When you stick to this plan of eating, the cravings for junk food will be lessened and the results will be outstanding.

World champion boxers have proven that from these foods alone they gan the optimal strength and energy required to endure strenuous daily workouts and sparring sessions, while effectively losing weight and building muscle.

FOODS TO EAT

Buckwheat
Brown Rice
Kauli Crackers (Rye)
Lentils
Millet
Miso Tempeh
Rye Bread (Only)
Rye Crackers
Rice Crackers
Tofu
Whole Meal Pasta

Albacore
Salmon
Swordfish
Tuna
Fish

Red Meat (One serving a week)

Avocado
Almonds (Raw)
Walnuts (Raw)
Olive Oil
Salad
White Cheeses (Feta, mozzarella, etc.)
Fruit (4 servings daily)
Vegetables
Raw Goat's Milk
Natural Yogurt

Multi-vitamin

FOODS TO AVOID

Shell Fish (They are the filters of the ocean and contain high levels of pollution and heavy metals)

Egg Whites (Viruses and fungus grow in egg whites and they destroy vitamin B and Biotin)

White Meats - Chicken, Veal, Pork, Turkey, all foul. (High levels of hormones, estrogen, growth hormones, and antibiotics)

Dairy Milk (The liver cannot metabolize the fat and chemicals)

Soy Milk (It inhibits the enzymes in the body and creates a hormone imbalance)

White Breads (It has yeast and dough conditioners and is also made with bleached flour so it becomes like glue that is very hard to digest)

Homogenized Margarine (Contains animal fats)

Commercially Cooked Pastries (High in fats, sugars, calories, and chemicals)

TRAINING AND WORKOUT RECOMMENDATIONS

To effectively lose weight and get in top physical shape, you must supplement the Detox Diet with a regimented aerobic workout schedule. When you combine the two - proper diet and exercise - it creates a winning combination that brings world champion results.

Beginner - 20 minutes, 3 days a week

Intermediate - 30 minutes, 3-4 days a week

Professional - 40-60 minutes, 4-6 days a week

RECOMMENDED AEROBIC EXERCISES

Boxing Workout
Running, Jogging, Roadwork
Brisk Walking
Treadmill
Biking
Stationary Bike
Swimming
Cross Training Workout
Aerobics
Intervals
Jumping Rope
Circuit Weight Lifting
Court Sports

As you can see, there's a lot involved in maintaining a healthy body, especially in our fast paced lives, but as Freddie Roach said "It's hard work, but for your health, it's worth it."

The following is from me, just some additional notes and things they stressed throughout the video which I felt were important.

This diet is a great way to steadily burn fat without losing energy.

NO CHICKEN - It shocked me, and probably you too, but Justin Fortune said that unless you raise the chicken yourself (lol), or buy 100% organic chicken, then don't eat it. There are far too many chemicals, hormones, and additives in today's poultry that it can offset any gains the chicken may have.

No white food - milk, white pasta, white rice. It will sit in your stomach like a ball of glue and takes forever to digest, and it will slow you down.

It was wierd to hear about not having milk, but Fortune explained that its molecules and fat is too large for us to properly absorb and digest, and that if you must have dairy milk, have skim milk. If at all possible, use raw goat's milk, as it's molecules are smaller, therefore easier to digest.

This diet detoxifies the body and will cause the body to act as its own thermogenic.

Without the chemicals and other foreign substances in your body, you'll be more able to fight off diseases and feel healthier, like your body was meant to feel.

You'll find that you will start to sleep much better, and wake up better as well.

Again, no eggs.

Eat alot of vegetables & salads. Fortune stressed that yams are excellent in producing energy, and are high in protein and minerals. Green vegetables are the best as they're often very high in fiber.

Red meat is ok, but limit your intake to around once a week.

Essential fatty acids are important, as well as essential oils. (Olive oil)

Multi-vitamins are important. I personally take GNC's Ultra Mega Gold (without iron) vitamins, and I believe they're a great supplement to any diet. Check them out here.

You should consume 4 to 5 fruit servings every day.

Overall the diet is common sense, if you look at a food and you can't pronounce what's on its label, then why put that into your body? It should be a full commitment as Justin Fortune said it best, "If you go out and you say Yes I'd like 4 pies, and a diet coke please. What the *Censor* is the diet coke for?"

Water water water. Fortune advised you should be drinking at least 2 liters of water a day.

Fortune also suggests to not eat after 6:00 - 6:30 pm. This is when most of us aren't working our bodies, and are just sitting at home watching TV. Again, some of us are on different schedules, so use your best judgment on this.

You can have a cheat day where you let your diet slack every week or so, but just don't go crazy with it. If you eat a bunch of crap, you'll feel just like that - crap. It's like putting diesel in a gas engine, it's not meant for it.

After a few weeks on this diet you will begin to crave the old foods you ate less and less.

Eat your larger meals for breakfast, such as oatmeal. They're full of complex carbs and they release slowly to keep your body fueled.

4-5 small meals a day is optimal, it will keep food in your system and speed up your metabolism.

Workout wise, both Fortune and Roach said that 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes of fast & intense exercise is enough for a day. It will help by keeping your heart rate up and prevent you from boredom in the gym.

Running is absolutely essential, especially for boxing. It will help build stamina and leg strength, and we all know: no legs = no fight.

Here is a mock-up menu that Justin Fortune outlined for one day, so you can get an idea of how this whole diet can be applied to your daily use.

Breakfast - 1 piece of fruit, such as a banana, and a bowl of steel-cut or organic oats.

Snack - Another piece of fruit, or some nuts. Walnuts are great for your tendons and eyesight.

Lunch - A salad with grilled fish and low calorie dressing, or oil or balsamic vinegar.

Snack - Fruit or nuts.

Dinner - Same as lunch.

Snack (Optional) - Fruit or nuts.

Remember the key to everything is not to get bored, so try to get creative and plan meals so you don't get bored of the same old salad or fish every day.

ONCE WEIGHT IS MAINTAINED

Roach & Fortune both have their fighters, as well as their non-fighting private clients practice a 2 day on, 1 day off routine. They say that's proven the most effective to maintain the athlete's desired weight as well as to not exhaust the body or to have the routine become boring.

Well, that's pretty much all I could get down for you guys Smile, but if you'd like the full effect as well as any information I've missed, I highly recommend ordering the video (DVD or VHS) to see for yourselves. You can find this particular video at TITLEBoxing.com here. Together, both men have trained 17 world champion boxers at the Wild Card Boxing Club, including Johnny Tapia, Israel Vazquez, Manny Pacquiao, Virgil Hill, and our own Mike Tyson.

If anything I hope this is helpful to any of you interested in losing, maintaining, or even gaining weight healthily, and in seeking a healthier lifestyle altogether. Smile

BlakeSchneider

World Champion

TTBO record:
52-15 ; 37 KOs
TTBO rank:
RETIRED

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Ad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:33 am  

Just a little update incase any of the readers are interested in the diet, I found some 100% organic chicken pretty *Censor* easily in my local grocery store.

Just look for the organic wording, as well as make sure it's stated the chicken was raised without antibiotics, never fed animal byproducts, and has had no growth hormones added.

Remember that in addition to this diet being about healthy food, that also includes what's in the food. The main goal is to get your body running as pure as possible.

I've also found a good snack for inbetween meals. Just a handful of walnuts or one banana got pretty boring so I forced myself to get creative.

I took one serving of All-natural vanilla yogurt, threw in some crushed walnuts, and some grapes. It makes for a great sweet treat that includes exactly what you want throughout the day.

BlakeSchneider

World Champion

TTBO record:
52-15 ; 37 KOs
TTBO rank:
RETIRED

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:39 pm  

well i dont have time to read that whole thing but what and how much would i have to eat to gain 10 lbs in 1 month if thats possible, can u just tell me directly in this forum, thanks.

TysonFanatic

World Champion

TTBO record:
68-15 ; 41 KOs
TTBO rank:
RETIRED

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:07 pm  

Prime Mike Tyson ate Chinese food, Cap'n Crunch, and pasta. I like that diet better, personally.

RGianos

Training

TTBO record:
1-0 ; 1 KOs
TTBO rank:
INACTIVE AMATEUR

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:56 pm  

steel-cut or organic oats aka porridge - yuk yuk yuk. perhaps some cooking instructions? Laughing

toocool4u

Amateur

TTBO record:
47-7 ; 34 KOs
TTBO rank:
RETIRED

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:41 am  

TysonFanatic wrote:
well i dont have time to read that whole thing but what and how much would i have to eat to gain 10 lbs in 1 month if thats possible, can u just tell me directly in this forum, thanks.

i saw this one show were they were competing to see how to gain the most wait. one guy just started eating junk food and he bought this HUGE thing of bacon and started scarfing it down, while the other guy decided to eat rice and chicken, and work his muscles. cuz muscle ways more than fat. so i would say plenty of rice, plenty of lifting, plenty of beef. why would you wanna gain 10 ibs in a month anyhow?

mikeisdabest

Training

TTBO record:
No record yet,Play Now!

View next topic
View previous topic